The Pharmacovigilance Group was formally founded in 1995 but had already been active as Section of the Pharmacoepidemiological Group for several years.
Since 2007, the Group has been named “Ernesto Montagna” in memory of our colleague who gave a tremendous contribution to the Group.
Aims of the Group
“To promote and share the science of pharmacovigilance, to set up shared and strenghtned awareness and knowledge among professionals in pharmacovigilance, to contribute to guide the progress of a still fast moving subject“
Message to SIMeF Associates
Your Opinion Counts!
- Citizen (spontaneous adverse event report)
- Inspections (of competent National Heath Authorities)
- Audit (internal and from third parties)
- Digital Media
- Pharmacovigilance Departments of National Health Service (“A.S.L”- Health Local public service Corporation.; “A.O.”- Hospital public service Corporation”, “Centri Regionali”- Regional Centers)
- PASS (Post-Authorization Safety Study)
- Pharmaceutical Companies (roles and responsibilities in drug safety)
We do thank you in advance for your precious cooperation, looking forward to seeing you soon.
With kind regards.